North Kootenai Water District
October 21, 2010
Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 12:30 p.m. by President Crimmins.
Present: Tom Crimmins, Director/President
Alanna Grimm, Director/Secretary
Jack Hern, Director
Jim Omerso, Director
Shirley Stoller, Director/Vice President
Staff: Phil Boyd, District Engineer
Mike Galante, District Manager
1. Minutes of 10/07/10 Board Meeting
2. Financial Statements for September 2010
3. Bills for September 2010
Motion made to approve the Minutes of the 10/7/10 NKWD meeting, and postpone the Financials until the 11/4/10 meeting.
Director Stoller – motion, Director Hern – second.
Motion approved unanimously.
C. Oral Communications:
Donald & Gina Sutton, 11688 N. Kensington (Rimrock service area), expressed concerns regarding recent water main work and requesting purchase of a water meter for one of their vacant lots. The District will research whether or not there are restrictions to prevent allowing a meter on a vacant lot. If not, the cost of a new meter and cap fee will be charged.
D. Written Communications:
1. Received 3 year permit for lake line in Twin Lakes.
E. Treasury Report:
See financial charts dated 10/21/10 in District file.
F. Employee Matters:
1. The crew is happy with the new boat that was used to efficiently winterize Twin Lakes.
2. Permission requested to utilize salvage for employees in the form of hams or grocery gift cards. Board approved.
3. For hunting season convenience, request to change employee manual to allow firearms in personal vehicles on the District property. Board determined the insurance liability would prohibit this change.
G. District Attorney – Excused
H. District Engineer – Phil Boyd, P.E. :
1. Project Status:
See Welch Comer Memorandum dated 10/20/10 in District file.
2. Pay Requests/Change Orders:
Change Order #1 – Echo Beach Well House Improvement, Lawrence Construction, $788.23, for modification to well head improvements for casing upsize.
Director Stoller – motion, Director Hern– second. Motion approved unanimously.
3. Revenue Bond Projects:
Pay Request #6 – Avondale/Point Hayden Waterline Project, MDM Construction, $468,742.68, representing 67% of Contract Earned.
Director Stoller – motion, Director Hern – second. Motion approved unanimously.
4. LP Waterline Extension RFQ:
Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost is $100,173.
I. District Manager – Mike Galante:
1. KEC Cost for Springrock Power:
Motion made to approve payment to KEC for $49,092.00.
Director Hern – motion, Director Stoller – second. Motion approved unanimously.
2. APCA Tie in:
Drawings are being revised. Engineering is done for complete build out at peak day/hour.
3. Legal - Letter of Engagement:
See draft letter dated 10/21/10; Re: Engagement Letter between NKWD and K&L Gates in file.
4. Destruction of Old Hard Drives:
Board instructed that all obsolete computers in attic be destroyed to allow for more storage space.
5. Sale of Surplus Monitors:
Two surplus monitors to be posted for sale on Craigslist.
J. Board Members:
Manager’s evaluation to be completed by Board members for 11/4/10 meeting.
K. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 3:10 p.m.
Director Hern – motion, Director Omerso– second.
Motion approved unanimously.