North Kootenai Water District
February 16, 2006
Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 12:30 p.m. by President Davis.
Present: Jack Berger, Director/Vice President
Tom Crimmins, Director
Linda Davis, Director/President
Richard Fairhurst, Director/Secretary
Maimie Moore, Director
Staff Present: Phil Boyd, District Engineer (12:37)
Bob Covington, District Attorney
Mike Galante, District Manager
1. Bills for January 2006.
2. Financial Statements for January 2006.
Approve Items #1 & #2.
Director Crimmins motion, Director Berger second.
1. Bob Covington Jim Meyer is willing to install a new pump and motor in well in East Season Acres for additional water service, but, not much of a chance to get one of developers extra services. Attorney will contact developer. 23 active services developer has additional two.
1. Mr. Jacklyn needs Will Serve letter for Honeysuckle development. Needs to fund Impact Analysis ($2,000.00 deposit), including all professional costs.
Approve Conditional Will Serve letter.
Director Moore motion, Director Crimmins second.
2. Gary Schmidt, on Lancaster Road, wants second meter for lot split. Needs to properly size service line to back lot. Approve second service to non-conforming lot.
Director Crimmins motion, Director Fairhurst second.
Hold to next meeting.
F. District Engineer Phil Boyd, P.E.:
1. Packsaddle Booster Station/Reservoir Liner:
Tank de-watered. Contractor to start Monday, 02/20/06. Revision saved $8,600.00 in contract.
2. Hillside Reservoir:
300,000 gallon reservoir appears to fit site. Conditional Use Permit required.
3. Capitalization Fees (Larger Than 1 Service) for 2005/06 Fiscal Year:
Approve as presented.
Director Crimmins motion, Director Moore second.
4. Water Rates:
No progress need special meeting.
5. Lakeland School District:
North Kootenai Water District to get $475,000 IDWR loan for new transmission main:
School - $170,000 & finance $50,000, NKWD - $95,000, The Ponds - $22,000
G. District Manager Mike Galante:
1. Conservation Plan:
Into Executive Session at 2:45 p.m.
Out of Executive Session at 3:04 p.m.
Discussed draft water conservation plan.
2. Gozzer Ranch:
Moving forward oral approval by developer.
3. Easement to Rimrock Road:
Easement may be available from Atwood, at southwest corner of Rimrock and Dodd. Atwood wants 6 complete services. Joint easement on east side of Rimrock Road with Lakes Highway District has been completed.
4. Dalton Gardens Inter-tie:
H. District Attorney Bob Covington:
1. Lancaster Well #3:
No progress not accepting service. Suit has been filed.
2. Leisure Park:
Attorney to review agreement prepared by Leisure Park. Check valve installed and paid for by Leisure Park.
3. Honeysuckle Hills Annexation:
Approved by Tax Commission. Board to review draft resolution awarding bid to Norms. Transfer of assets needs vote of members.
Engineer left meeting at 3:46 p.m.
3. Water Rights Sierra Club Protest:
Discovery process started by Sierra Club wants limitation on NKWDs 2 cfs request and commitment by NKWD for conservation plan.
I. Board Members:
Meeting adjourned at 3:54 p.m.
Director Berger motion, Director Moore - second